Dr. Sangwoo Ham, D.M.D.
Dr. Sangwoo Ham grew up in Coquitlam and graduated from Centennial Secondary School. He then pursued and received a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacology (Honours) from the University of British Columbia, listed under Dean’s Honour List throughout the program. Dr. Ham is awarded a Doctorate of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.) from the University of British Columbia, Faculty of Dentistry. He is a registered practitioner with the College of Dental Surgeons of BC, Canadian Dental Association and BC Dental Association.
Dr. Ham brings with him a wide array of training experience from multiple pre- and post- graduate education programs including:
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Orthodontics externship at University of Texas (Houston) and Seoul National University of South Korea
- Completion of Implant Fellowship Program at New York University
- Completion of Basic Advanced Implant Residency at BITES Institute
- SPEAR Education; one of the world’s most prestigious post-graduate dental education institute
- Certified Invisalign Provider
- Certified Moderate Conscious IV Sedation Provider
He is an active member of numerous study clubs and academies including:
- Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Instructor at BITES Institute for Comprehensive Implant Residency and Live Surgery sessions, teaching implantology to fellow dentists
- Clinical Instructor at UBC Faculty of Dentistry
- EPIC Advanced Periodontics and Implant Dentistry Study Club and Evergreen Endodontics Study Club
Outside of private practice, Dr. Ham volunteers his time and services to care for underprivileged individuals at the downtown eastside dental clinic. Dr. Ham is fluent in both English and Korean. His passions are soccer and basketball. Dr. Ham is married Jennifer, the love of his life, who also happens to work as a pharmacist locally.